[:en]OFFICE MANAGER AND ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT[:]
BACKGROUND: With the roots in the struggle for educational justice, Padres & Jóvenes Unidos (PJU) has evolved into a multi-issue organization that is led by people of color who work for education excellence, racial justice for youth, immigrant rights and health justice for all. Padres & Jóvenes builds power to challenge the root cause of discrimination, racism and inequity by exposing the economic, social and institutional basis for injustice as well as developing effective strategies to realize meaningful change. https://padresunidos.org
POINTS OF UNITY: The Office Manager and Administrative Assistant must align with our Points of Unity including a racial and class equity lens; promoting the leadership of those most directly impacted by an issue; building unity with friends and allies as part of movement building; and working towards institutional change and reform through organizing.
POSITION OVERVIEW: Padres Unidos is looking for a friendly, extremely well-organized individual who enjoys supporting others and who can remain professional and diplomatic in a variety of situations. This position requires a strongly motivated and high-functioning individual who can: multi-task, display accountability to self and peers, and provide creativity and resourcefulness.
The Office Manager and Administrative Assistant is responsible for the organization and coordination of schedules and day to day tasks of two Co-Executive Directors, as well as the coordination of office operations to facilitate organizational effectiveness and efficiency. General responsibilities include the ability to manage non-profit office functions, assisting Directors in all possible tasks for the effective functioning of the organization, assisting with communications and media work, contributing to personnel/human resource functions, administration, maintaining office procedures and the overall organization of the office.
REPORTS TO: Co Executive Director - Elsa Oliva Rocha
- Maintain organization and flow of the Co-Executives Directors’ day-to-day tasks
- Plan general membership meetings and other community events
- Responsible for routine daily office functions including greeting visitors, incoming calls, mail, email inquiries, making coffee, stocking the office and related tasks
- Provides support in the functional areas of Human Resources
- Travel management including coordinating travel for staff, preparing materials and monitoring reimbursements
- Facilities management including workplace and environment maintenance, managing office improvements and repairs as needed, and coordinating recycling
- Coordinating the Volunteer and Intern Program including recruiting, interviewing and recommending placement
- Database maintenance, telephone system maintenance and tech support
- Track, record, and manage accounts payable and accounts receivables
- Manage payroll, pension plan, benefits administration and human resources needs
- Manage vendor relations and maintain office equipment and supplies
- Monitor accounts and daily operations, including activity and expense tracking
- Create and maintain yearly organizational calendar
- In partnership with Co-Director responsible for operations, support annual audit, coordinate monthly financial statements and reporting
- Support preparation of manuals and other materials describing financial and business procedures and standards
- Prepares materials for Board meetings and trainings
- Support fundraising activities and development planning based on organizational needs and as coordinated by the Director of Development
- Experience with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook), Internet, accounting software, QuickBooks
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A positive attitude
- High energy, confident, with polished and professional demeanor
- Well organized and efficient
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive situations with poise and diplomacy
- Able to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Enjoy working in a highly interactive environment
- Flexible – ability to change direction mid-stream when required
SALARY RANGE: $38,000-$42,000, including a generous benefit & vacation package.
TO APPLY SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER SUMMARIZING YOUR INTEREST IN THIS POSITION AND HOW YOUR TALENTS MATCH THOSE SOUGHT:
Padres Unidos is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people of color are highly encouraged to apply.