PADRES & JÓVENES UNIDOS FIGHTS SCHOOL PUSH OUT STATEWIDE
The overuse of harsh school discipline, zero-tolerance policies, the criminalization of youth behavior and the disproportionate impact on students of color are causing severe harm to Colorado students, families, and communities. This is also known as the School-to-Prison Pipeline and Padres & Jóvenes Unidos continues to be a trailblazer locally and nationally; finding solutions, empowering communities and holding all schools accountable.
Sign-up for The Network Mailing List
In our Statewide Campaign to End the School-to-Jail Track in Colorado, we believe that every student deserves a safe and supportive school environment that is built upon fair and equitable discipline practices and a commitment to keeping students in school and out of the juvenile justice system. In response to the ongoing harm caused by the school-to-jail track, Padres & Jóvenes Unidos has launched a statewide network, #COES2J, to unite and empower like-minded folks who want to ensure that all youth have an equal opportunity to stay in school and receive the high-quality education they deserve.
End the School-to-Jail Track Now
What Can We Do?
* An end to zero-tolerance and racial discrimination in school discipline practices
* Shift discipline to evidence based practices that build and foster healthy, transformative, community schools
* Utilize the Statewide Report Card in local and statewide discourse
* Serve as campaign messengers in personal and professional networks
* Organize local events and actions that engage communities in ending the school-to-jail track in Colorado
* Access to up-to-date information on school discipline practices and legislative actions in Colorado
* Resources, trainings and toolkits to take action in your school, organization and/or community